Design objects in 3D with example. Used in
product design and
A simple tutorial to demonstrate 3D design steps for a object idea using free tools like SketchUp and render plug ins (for demo). You want to innovate then use it to present.
This project is to create a receipt collector device. This device collects and store receipts. Final rendered image below on right.
1. Open tool, create new project and save the project.
2. Create first 2D object. A simple square sketch in two dimensions.
3. Convert 2D object into a 3D shape.
Select the push/pull object from left and place it on the rectangle face drawn in previous slide. When the face is highlighted, use pull on mouse to form the shape shown above. The 3 dimensions are shown in colors Red, Green and Blue. We placed the rectangle in green and red dimensions and used pull to create third dimension shown in blue color.
4. Steps to add an ARC or a curve surface.
Select the arc object from left and place on the second 3D rectangular prism.
5. Convert ARC to 3D semi-
Next step, use push/pull to convert 2D arc to a semi-cylindrical shape.
6. Create a square opening in structure.
Next step, design an entry door to allow papers to slide into the machine. Details are in 2 screen captures below.
Next use push/pull and place it on the inside face. Once highlighted, use push/pull to complete the entry door.
7. Elevate and smooth the edges. This step will show steps to add semi-
Next step, smooth edges on the paper entry door. Details are in 2 screen captures below.
8. Create a tray and covers for tray entry window. Also Position a drawer to store receipts.
Next open the drawer to show inside.
9. Shape inside of the drawer. Once finished drawer should look attached to the machine.
Also add stacks of old receipts and bills inside the drawer.
10. Next step is to add colors and life to the sketch. Different moving parts gets differntiated with different colors. Try to keep look and feel attractive.
11. Optional rendering of the innovation is done with use of 3D render plug ins..